Since it's my birthday I figured I'd compile a list of things I've learned so far. Someone likes to call me an old lady so I will drop these jewels for him also!
Let's get to the facts:
1. YOU ARE GOING TO GET criticized NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, SO DO YOUR THING. No matter where I've been or achieved in life it’s been met with criticism of some form. I'm not talking about constructive criticism. Learn the difference.
2. BEING RUDE GETS YOU NOWHERE. BE NICE. The world doesn't revolve around a single person. Even when the rudeness is directed towards you! Smile, be gracious, be kind, & be humble.
3. YOU NEVER KNOW...Don’t judge until you’ve walked in someone’s shoes. I have had MANY bumps in the road. MANY. No one has seen my struggles & that’s ok with me, but to judge without knowing isn’t logical. Don’t judge a book by its cover because you never know.
4. YOU CANNOT CHANGE PEOPLE. This is PROBABLY THE HARDEST THING EVER FOR ME. For years I would try to control the outcome of 70% of everything. Me trying to control the situation & change people into something they’re not is counterproductive & pointless. It’s a waste of breath. People are who they are. This year I’ve become more accepting…especially because you never know the whole story. People are set in their ways for their own reasons.
5. DIETS ARE USELESS. Diets give you that empty feeling once they stop working. It’s a quick fix & high with short term results. Sticking to healthy living, wellness remedies, green juice, weekly workouts, water, oils, herbs, clean foods, & good vibes is a long term, sustainable goal. Balance is key!
6. NO ONE IS GOING TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. Opportunities don’t just fall from the sky, you’ve got to make it happen.
7. WORRYING IS LIKE A ROCKING CHAIR, IT GETS YOU NOWHERE. Worrying is pointless. Pointless. What’s the point of worrying? Whenever I start worrying about something I cannot control, I shift my focus. Life is going to flow how it flows. And lastly,
8. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FAIR OR UNFAIR. Things are what they are. I keep the words ‘fair’ and ‘unfair’ out of my vocabulary. You control your own life, your own destiny, & your own future. You can get what you can get, or you don’t. Life isn’t fair or unfair, unless you cultivate that— focus on moving forward & don’t worry about what other people are doing…Remember as Bethenny Frankel said, “Stay in your own lane!”
Obviously, this is a list of things that I need to work on daily because I’m not perfect by any means.
What would you add to this?
Off to celebrate!! Have some chilled champagne for me.
Photo credit: @amberirisphoto